Re: virus: shared universe (

David McFadzean (dbm@merak.com)
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 15:22:34 -0600

At 01:29 PM 4/26/95 -0400, Ken Kittlitz wrote:

>"shared virus milieu for short story settings"? As a fiction writer, I
>find the idea intriguing? Could you please tell me what you mean? ;->

Examples include Thieves' World, Wild Cards and the Marvel Universe.
The idea is that we come up with a collaborative setting, e.g. near
future Earth where Virus becomes a mainstream religion, and some
guidelines so we don't step on each others' toes too much. Then we
write stories set in our milieu where each forms a different piece
of the mosaic. Usually each author has one or more main characters which
appear as supporting characters in other stories.

--
David McFadzean                 dbm@merak.com
Memetic Engineer                http://www.merak.com/~dbm/