Re: virus: Need description for Yahoo

David McFadzean (dbm@merak.com)
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 21:07:33 -0600

At 10:26 PM 7/17/95 -0600, Duane Daniel Hewitt wrote:

>Virus- As the evolutionary paradigm shatters the clockwork world there is
>a vacancy that needs to be occupied in the religious arena. Virus is the
>first religion that is self-consciously mutagenic engaging the
>invigoration of constant renewal through directed evolution of memes (ideas).
>
>How is this for a first attempt?

Great, though I would like to include the descriptors "atheistic" and
"rational" if possible. Also, "mutagenic" may lose some people. I think
I know what it means from the context, but perhaps simple "adaptive"
would be better.

Is the evolutionary paradigm really shattering the clockwork world? That
is certainly dramatic (which has some appeal) but I view the paradigm
shift as (not coincidentally) evolutionary.

2nd generation:

Recent advances in knowledge have created an ecological niche in the
idea-space of humanity for a rational, atheistic religion. Virus fills
the void with an integrated conceptual framework that is self-consciously
adaptive, engaging the invigoration of constant renewal through directed
evolution of memes (ideas).

--
David McFadzean                 dbm@merak.com
Memetic Engineer                http://www.merak.com/~dbm/