Re: virus: Project #1: Virus Maxims

davis (dsprague@mhv.net)
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 20:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, David McFadzean wrote:

> At 09:37 AM 8/29/95 -0400, davis wrote:
>
> >"Do what you wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
>
> This seems like a tautology to me. Unless you are being physically
> forced, you always to what you want, given the circumstances,
> your assumptions, values and predictions. When someone says that
> they are not doing what they want, it is because they are making
> a difficult tradeoff between two courses of action, choosing the
> lesser of two evils. But they still choose to do what they do.

Exactly the point, action implies a respocibility for the
action and it's meaning. Here i use the NLP assignment for the word
meaning - e.g. The meaning of an action is the responce it generates.

The tougher part of the "Law of Thelema" is the second line-

"Love is the Law; Love under will."

Crowley wrote reams on the relation of Love Law and Will, and did indepth
phenomenologic analysis on their "meanings". Not being a Thelemite
myself the analyses of the phrase are eligant and intriguing, but what
they "mean" in the universe is all thought and little action.

Your thoughts?

davis

for public key send email with "getpgp" in Subject:
dsprague@mhv.net http://csbh.mhv.net/~dsprague