Re: virus: Death

David McFadzean (dbm@merak.com)
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 15:21:41 -0600

At 11:57 PM 10/20/95 -0600, Harald Illig wrote:

>Bull-shit!
>No need to nake up new and unusual definitions; Religion is in every dictionary
>and the #1 definition shows it's a worship of god(s). No gods, no religion.
>It's not all that difficult, really.

I don't see any reason to hold dictionary definitions to be sacrosanct.
Languages evolve; 19th century companies often employed computers, but
they were people, not machines. Often progress in philosophy can only
be made by re-examining and redefining concepts. That's why Virus has
redefined religion, meaning, and just last week in the death discussion,
personal identity.

--
David McFadzean                 dbm@merak.com
Memetic Engineer                http://www.merak.com/~dbm/