RE: virus:religion?

Don Rivers (drivers@nmsu.edu)
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 13:13:03 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 22 Oct 1995 timlins@ibcco.com wrote:

> I don't think it matters if Virus is classified as a "religion" or
not. It doesn't matter to me since I've developed a hatred for
"religions" based on god. I just want a forum to discuss opinions with
like-minded individuals. I don't understand how all the people around
me can believe in so irrational a concept as god, except that they have
an infantile weakness for someone to look out for them. I'm just a
housewife and not super intelligent at that, but I like to think of
myself as rational and coherent. Logical. >

I think we can all agree with that.

> I guess what I want to know is how does Virus feel about certain
issues such as welfare, death penalty, abortion, child care and foster
care? These topics are of importance to me in my day-to-day life.

I've been thinking about the nature of religion, and I think that I would be
more inclined to join a religion if it DIDN'T tell me how to behave.

Maybe someone else can tell you what Virus thinks of those issues, but I
suspect it does not try to enforce any particular ethics system.

Anyone?