virus: Hyperbolic Growth

Eric Hardison (erich@igc.net)
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 15:20:33 -0500

On 18 Nov 95 at 4:28, Tracy Harms wrote:

> >In nature, predators have the smallest populations.
>
> Hmmmm, lets see now, the ratio of termites to trees is . . .
>
> Guess I'm gonna hafta disagree with this generalization of Eric
> Hardison's.
>
> Perhaps termites shouldn't count as predators; but then again, maybe
> humans shouldn't count in that category, either. After all, we're not
> even carnivores, we're omnivores.

I agree with what you say, but if you're using it as a means to denounce
my argument against human overpopulation, then I would like you to submit
a plan whereby mankind can live in balance with the earth when the scale
(with respect to earth's resources) is completely tipped toward man. As
far as I can see, it's not possible. And to make things worse, population
is growing geometrically. The fact is that it would be "very" beneficial
for both man and the earth if the population gets reduced.

| Oceania: A New Country In Development |
| oceania@terminus.intermind.net |
Finger erich@igc.net for my PGP Public Encryption Key