Re: virus: Observations on Virus

Todd M Kuipers esq (tkuipers@merak.com)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:56:08 -0700

At 03:48 PM 11/26/95 -0600, virus@lucifer.com wrote:
> I realize that I'm in no position to make this observation, but I
>feel it will be beneficial to the Church of the Virus. Now that the Church
>of the Virus is spreading I feel that the name of our domain should be
>changed. I realize that when virus began it was somewhat fanatical but if
>we want to be taken seriously we can't have a domain name like lucifer.com.
>We are atheists, not satanists! There is already a popular misconception
>that atheism equals satanism and a name like lucifer.com justs prolongs this
>misunderstanding. This is just a bit of constructive criticism that I felt
>might help our organization.
I'd counter this thought with the literal use of the word lucifer meaning
bringer of light. Lucifer had his named changed to Satan the serpent, the
destroyer (yadayadayada) after his fall. Satanists do use the name of
Lucifer, but it can be used in a variety of ways. There is truly nothing
wrong with bringing light to the world, for most it just depends on the
brand name. I believe that most people, for whom Virus is a viable option,
will see this name as very apt.
--
 --------tkuipers@merak.com-----------------(403) 294-4336--------
 Todd M. Kuipers   -   New Media Propagandist   -   Merak Projects