Re:virus: Virus, Economics and Evolution

Duane Daniel Hewitt (ddhewitt@acs.ucalgary.ca)
Fri, 5 May 1995 09:46:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 4 May 1995, Todd M Kuipers esq wrote:

> markets in the last twenty years. Policy makers are still trying to control
> highly complex systems with non-complex strategies, and are royally shafting
> everyone in the process. I guess back to your question, it's an
> institutional lag. There is some very interesting work going on at the
> University of Chicago, with more complex, heuristic, and comprehensive models.

How about the effects of these non-complex strategies of income
redistribution on the evolution of behaviours in Western culture? We seem
to be selecting for "victims" in a peverse sort of reverse natural
selection because being a "victim is an asset that can be used to extort
entitlements from the government.

We have the lower income people breeding at a much higher rate than the
upper income people. What implications does this have in the medium to
long term?

Duane